When you mention home staging, most For Sale By Owner sellers freeeze up. They think, "It seems so impossible to make my home look like that!" Well it is easier than you think. Here are 55 No Fuss Tips to make your home sell faster and for more money.
- "Don't do major renovations. It is best to limit the amount of time and investment you make on renovations to the essentials — replace old flooring, tackle small repairs, paint, change outdated fixtures. Save your renovation energy and dollars for your new home." HGTV
- "Consider replacing furnishings. Think about removing or replacing worn or outdated furnishings and get rid of extra pieces. Consider consulting with a professional staging company for design direction and advice on rental furnishings to create an inviting home with broad appeal to a wide range of buyers." HGTV
- "Make repairs. Make your home a high-maintenance zone. Repair squeaky doors, chipped or smudged paint as well as broken fixtures and fittings that you've neglected."
- "Spring for new light fixtures. Renew the look of the room by replacing old or dated light fixtures, door hardware, light switches and outlets. If it's tacky and older than you, get it out of there." HGTV
- "If you are considering replacing the carpets, opt for a very think pad and buy a moderately priced carpet. The pad will make the carpet feel much more luxurious." HGTV
- "Stainless-steel appliances are definitely in with buyers. Instead of buying a new dishwasher, here is a low-cost way to resurface an old one: First, remove the front panels, and clean them. Next, apply a stainless-steel stick-on covering, and cut it to size. For just $20 your dishwasher will go from outdated to ultra-modern." HGTV
Get 16 No Fuss Tips To List Your Home On Zillow
Listing you home on Zillow is easy. However, the littlest mistake can cost you buyers. Enter your name and email address below to receive your free Zillow Listing Checklist.
We will never share your email address...especially with a Realtor. If you have questions about this checklist, speak directly with our Lead Instructor at (904) 556-5537
- "Save money on granite countertops. Granite countertops are a huge selling feature, but they can be expensive. Here are a few ways to save on this investment. First, do the demo yourself. Also, ask the vendor for remnants from previous projects. Remember, any money you spend will definitely be returned in the value these beautiful counters add to your kitchen." HGTV
- "Upgrade the kitchen first. Buyers are looking for kitchens that are large and spacious. “The benefits of remodeling your kitchen are endless, and the best part of it is that you’ll probably get 85% of your money back.” Easy Agent Pro
- "Kitchen cabinets will be opened and examined. Be sure to organise them and make it as appealing as possible." Easy Agent Pro
- "Style your dining room table. Between dinners, a large dining table can look bare and uninviting, so styling it up with visitors in mind can increase the appeal. An oversize arrangement can look too stiff and formal, so try lining up a series of smaller vessels down the center of the table instead." Houzz
- "Condense your dining room table as small as possible. This will make the room look bigger and more spacious." Easy Agent Pro